Richmond, British Columbia is a coastal city in the Vancouver metro area. It houses the Vancouver International Airport, its home to the 2010 Winter Olympic speed skating rink, and is one of the most culturally diverse cities in Canada. Richmond is about 20 minutes from Downtown Vancouver and 25 minutes from the United State’s border.
We had a whirlwind trip eating everything in Richmond and trying to see and do everything as well! If you are short on time, I would highly recommend checking out the Richmond Hop-On Hop-Off Tour. We had a great tour with CY and Mack on the trolley that took us to all the main stops in Richmond. I learned so many facts about Richmond and even some about Vancouver. I loved learning more about the city and the history behind it.
Tip: The tour ticket also includes admission to the Olympic Experience at the Richmond Olympic Oval and lots of rider perks! Don’t forget to print out a paper copy of your ticket if you purchased it online!
Not only is Richmond a foodie heaven, it is also a shopper’s paradise! There is an abundance of shopping mall, centers, and shops in the area. Another bonus is that if you are from the U.S., the dollar is pretty strong right now! However, many of the smaller Asian shops only take cash so be prepared to have cash on hand. We exchanged our money at the Aberdeen Square, the shopping center directly across from Aberdeen Centre. Richmond’s shopping is unique for their high concentration of Asian malls and shops especially in the Golden Village area. This was perfect for my parents as this is what they love to do!
4151 Hazelbridge Way,
Richmond,BC, Canada V6X 4J7
- One of Northern America’s largest Asian malls
- Definitely check out the extensive Asian food court or one of the eight full service restaurants, especially dimsum at Fisherman’s Terrance
1000-7899 Templeton Station Rd
Richmond, BC V7B 0B7
- Large outlet mall very close to Vancouver International Airport (YVR); 5 minute drive or 2 skytrain stops away
- Don’t forget to stop by the visitor center to sign up to get a 10% off shopping pass and see what offers they have going on
- Kid & pet friendly (playground on site for kids!)
6551 No. 3 Road
Richmond, British Columbia V6Y 2B6
- Typical mall you would find in the USA, however check out Canadian stores such as Artizia and the Roots Canada
Located right next to Richmond Centre, is Kam Do Bakery – a delicious bakery that makes perfect gifts to bring home to your foodie friends! My parents absolutely adored this bakery!
Kam Do Bakery 6211 No 3 Rd, Richmond, BC V6Y 1N3, Canada
8351 No. 3 Road (corner of No. 3 Road & River Road), Richmond BC
• Open every weekend from May 12 – Oct 09, 2017
• Fri & Sat 7pm-12am, Sun & Holiday, Mondays 7pm-11pm
• Admission $3.75/person (children under 10 years old and Seniors over 65 years old are free)
• Free Parking or take Canada line Sky Train (Bridgeport Canada Line)
• Definitely a MUST-DO when visiting Richmond, lots of yummy food stalls, and small vendors. There are quite a bit of dinosaur decorations and games for kids and adults
12631 River Road, Richmond BC
- The Illumination Summer Night Market is a smaller version of the Richmond Night Market. Its a little bit more laid back and features the largest light show in North America
- Lots of food stalls, small shops, and games
- Open May 5th – Sept 10, 2017, every Fri/Sat 7PM to midnight, Sunday 7PM-11PM
- Admission: $3 (Children under 5 years old and Seniors over 65 years old are free)
- Free Parking & Pet Friendly
- Quaint historic fishing village with over 600 fishing boats
- Fresh fish market
- Cute little shops and restaurants on the boardwalk
- Farmer’s Market on Sundays May- Sept
- Be careful not to feed the wildlife!
- Don’t forget to check out:
- Steveston has been featured in several TV shows/movies including the hit television series, Once Upon a Time
12011 7th Avenue (SW corner of Richmond between Chatham and Moncton Street)
- Park walking distance from Steveston Fishing Village
7191 Granville Avenue (North of Granville Avenue between Minoru Blvd and Gilbert Road)
- Park located close to CF Richmond Centre
9160 Steveston Highway, Richmond, BC
- One of the largest buddhist temples in North America
Games & Entertainment:
6111 River Rd, Richmond, BC V7C 0A2
The Richmond Olympic Oval was originally built for the 2010 Winter Olympics. Now it serves as a community multi-sport park, gym, and interactive Olympic museum.
The Richmond Hop-on, Hop-off ticket includes free free admission to the Richmond Olympic Experience (ROX) so definitely don’t forget to check that out!
There are interactive simulation of various Olympic events such as bob sledding, kayaking, skiing, and Formula 1 racing. Kids and adults would enjoy this as it is a fun way to partake and learn more about the Olympics.
This is a fun little escape. This is definitely a great spot for gamers or those wanting a break from shopping and eating! Exit Beckwith features virtual reality gaming. It was my first time trying it out and it was actually pretty fun! I know I looked totally ridiculous doing it, but it was entertaining. You can also check out their escape rooms and the live action arcade. There is also a discount with the Hop On Hop Off Richmond tour ticket.
8811 River Road, Richmond, BC V6X 3P8
19+ can gamble in Canada, so if thats your thing definitely consider your luck!
What a huge list of things to crush in one weekend! Not going to lie, I probably wouldn’t recommend trying to do it all in one weekend, but there are tons of things to do, see and especially eat in Richmond!
We did a family trip with my parents, brother and my son. Everyone had a great time, ESPECIALLY my parents! They loved all the amazing Asian cuisine and all the Asian stores and supermarkets here. Definitely give Richmond a visit especially if you head to Vancouver or visit British Columbia! There is so much to see, do and eat in this area. I absolutely adored my trip and can’t wait to head back again!
Don’t forget my favorite food eats in Richmond BC!
This trip was in partnership with the Richmond Tourism Board. As always, all opinions are ours alone!